There’s no way to hide our enthusiasm now at Liberty National, as the departure date for #LNLConvention2013 gets closer!
Did you know that …
- San Diego is the seventh largest city in the United States.
- San Diego was originally named San Miguel by Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, the Portuguese explorer that first landed in the city.
- The city has more than 70 miles of beach shore. That should be plenty of space to catch some rays and work on that tan!
- The Hotel del Coronado, where qualifying Agents are staying, on Coronado Island is the largest wooden structure in the United States.
- The city is known for having one of the best climates in the nation.
- Charles Lindbergh historically took off from San Diego in 1927, on the Spirit of St. Louis, headed for New York, and then nonstop to Paris.
- Hua Mei, the first baby panda born in the Western Hemisphere since 1990, was born at the San Diego Zoo. (Aww!)
What other random fun facts do you know about San Diego? Share them here!