Liberty National Convention is on the horizon!
Liberty National – Check out these fun facts on New Orleans and its legendary culture:
- New Orleans’ Mardi Gras started in 1703.
- The Superdome, large enough for a rainstorm to form inside, is the world’s largest steel room unobstructed by posts.
- The Saint Charles Streetcar Line, in operation since 1893, is one of the nation’s only mobile national monuments.
- Food connoisseurs love NOLA’s Cajun cuisine. Jambalaya, beignet, and crawfish fans prepare yourselves!
- French and Spanish architecture from centuries ago is still prominent along cobblestone streets.
- NOLA is recognized as the Birthplace of Jazz, where Louis Armstrong became a legend.
- The New Orleans Saints are 2009 Super Bowl Champions.
- Antoine’s is the oldest operating restaurant in Louisiana.
- The total mileage of canals above and below ground in the Crescent City exceeds that of Venice.
- The Big Easy is the largest port on the Gulf of Mexico and the second largest in the entire U.S.
- Reese Witherspoon, Harry Connick Jr., and Ellen DeGeneres were born in Mardi Gras City.
- Craps and poker were both invented here.
Know any interesting facts about America’s Favorite City? Share your plans for #LNLConvention2014 with us in the comments section below!