Are you one of those people with a zest for adventure?
Or, do you prefer steady, consistent routines with minimal change?
No matter what type of person you are, relocating for a new position has its advantages.
The Truth About Work Relocation
First, let’s get the givens out of the way. When you move, there are some definite inconveniences:
- Finding new doctors, dentist, hair stylist, vet, place to live
- Getting a new driver’s license
- Changing car and homeowner’s insurance
- Signing kids up for new school(s)
- Moving, packing, unpacking
- Notifying family, friends, credit cards, subscriptions of address change
- Leaving family behind
But, those are not impossible tasks. Don’t let fear hold you back from achieving greatness.
Instead, focus on the positives. There are many great benefits of moving to a new city:
- Better and different education opportunities for your children
- New home, maybe even a chance for more space or that dream house
- Cultural attractions – there will be new places to explore and experience
- More career opportunities
- If moving to a bigger city, you may gain access to better healthcare or resources
- Change helps you grow and learn more as a person
- Family and friends will have a new place to visit in your new town
Relocating with Liberty National
Relocating with Liberty National to open a new Agency Office can be a dream come true. It’s a chance to take that leap of faith as an entrepreneur, to finally do things the way you want to do them. You truly become your own boss. And you will be empowered to offer career opportunities to others. Doesn’t that sound amazing? You can change lives!
Starting a new office in a new city may seem daunting, but fear is a fabulous motivator. Fear shakes you out of your comfort zone and drives you to pursue dreams only your imagination dared entertain. You gain the power to give people access to The Opportunity of a Lifetime. Pay it forward. If you’ve been given the talents and desire to do awesome things, why suppress that ability and deny others what you have been given?
What Are You Waiting For
Yes, moving is hard. It takes a lot of work and energy. Yes, it’s an adjustment for you and your family to acclimate to a new area. But people are resilient and can learn to adapt to new things. Yes, it’s a hassle to settle in and get all of your personal affairs in order. But it’s not impossible.
No one said relocating for a new job would be easy. But it’s worth it. It’s a challenge. Isn’t that what you want? To grow and get even better? To be brilliant at something? To leave a legacy?
Yes! Surround yourself with motivated, encouraging individuals. If you’ve always dreamed of opening your own office and being the captain of the ship, go for it. Don’t let individuals whose lives are steered by mediocrity keep you from achieving your maximum potential. It’s time to take action. It’s time to show just what you are capable of. Make it happen.
Agency Directors serious about taking their careers to that next level will be at the Home Office in October for Liberty National’s next Leadership Academy 301. This Top Gun course prepares ADs for growth and focuses on:
- Developing a winning culture
- Establishing a system of accountability
- Building strategies for the future
Leave a comment on this blog post with your dream city. Let us know where you want to open a new Agency Office. We are curious to see who will open the next Agency Office at Liberty National.